Hi, friends. 🙂 I hope everyone is keeping well. This post had been due a long time back. My long absence was due to a grief that had struck our family.
I had been nominated for two awards “The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” and “The Real Neat Blog Award”. I’m really thankful to Millie and Sohini for nominating me for these two awards. I’m also thankful to them for their patience and understanding, as these awards were given to me a long time back. I’m trying to keep this post short and just answer the questions. In the process I’m skipping the nomination process, just this time.
I would like to say that both Millie and Sohini are two very amazing people of the blogworld and their blogs are really interesting place to be at. You can only know how interesting their blogs are once you are there. So, do find your way to their blogs @ Millie Thom and Pen and Paper to check their posts.
This is in the order of the awards received.
- How would you describe what your blog is about?
I had started my blog with the idea of sharing my life’s experiences and feelings. My blog has become an ideal place for me to share my creativity.
- Do you see your blog changing (as in expanding or developing in any way) at some stage in the future?
My blog has been changing ever since I had started it. I try to add something new everytime. I cannot be certain what more can be added but I could only ask you to be here to see what else gets introduced in here.
- Do you write your blog posts straight onto the WordPress page or onto a word document first?
I do it both the ways. If I’m logged in and feel like writing something (especially a short post or poems) I write it directly and of course edit it later. For bigger posts and stories, I use the word.
- When you write do you need to be on your own or are you happy to write with others around you?
I can only write with myself and inanimate objects around me. People always distract me. I can write when I have the space along with some silence…both are essential to me.
- Which is your favourite species of tree, and why do you like it?
My favourite is Neem tree. It is used in ayurvedic medicine. Its oil and soap are good for skin. It can also be used to control pests (especially the dried leaves). My second favourite is Cononut tree. Again a tree with many uses but I love the coconut water.
- If you were to have a day out somewhere easily reachable from your home, where would it be?
Home is the best place. But when getting bored I love to go to any historical place or a small park or even a garden with colourful flowers.
- Which ‘celebration’ (annual or otherwise) in the country where you live do you enjoy the most?
Diwali is a real big festival in my country. Every year people spend a lot on crackers and lights. I love to see the brightly lit buildings during the dark nights of the festive season.
- What do you love most about blogging?
I love chatting with my blog friends. I sometimes miss them and their posts when they are busy with other things. I love reading different types of blog posts.
- What is your dream job – a career you would pursue if there were no consequences?
I am happy with my current job.
- If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life (sorry) which would it be, and why?
“Somewhere over the rainbow” by Judy Garland is what I would love to listen to all the time. The song is like a sweet lullaby. The song is full of positivity and cheer.
- Describe your favourite place/space ever, and why it is so. It can be something general (like any bookstore) or something specific (like Antarctica).
In one corner of my house there is a quite space. In that place is an altar with a statue of Jesus and Buddha. There are incense sticks, candles and a vase with yellow and purple flowers. I love that spot.
- If you could speak any language, what would it be and why? Go ahead and make up your own if you want. 😀
How about knowing and speaking tree language. I’ve always wondered if they spoke secretly along with the gentle breeze. 🙂
- If you wrote a book, what would the cover look like?
7.Finally, I am going to pass Joey’shaiku challenge along: write a haiku with book titles/author names.
I’m not very good with haiku but I’ve tried.
- War and peace
How much land does a man need
What then must we do?
2. The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy
Man’s search for meaning
One hundred years of solitude